Pages

Monday 22 September 2014

The Museum Trip


On Thursday the 18th of September classes 6, 7 and 8 went to the Auckland War Memorial Museum. My Mum came with me to discover all the fun and Mr S came with me, along with Peteli, Dartanian and Maroroa. After that we had lunch then after lunch we went into the Marae. We sang a song to them during the powhiri. We sang Powhiri mai ra e. We also had a good Chief, it was Toma. Later on we split up into two groups. My group learnt a dance and the other group learnt a Haka. A while later we had to learn about the different kinds of foods that we brought on to the table. After that we did our dance and then the other group did there Haka. A little time later it was almost time to go back to school.

One of my favourite parts of the day was when we went to the Memorial place with all the people who died for us and saved our Country
in World War 1 and 2. I saw Miss Burn teaching a class in the Museum. She was once a Teacher at Pt England School. Her last class was class 10 she hasn't been at school for 2 years. We miss her!

2 comments:

  1. WOW... I am very happy with what I have done on my blog. I liked going into the Marea I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do izac i do i wish i was still there at P.E.S but keep it up my old partner.

    from your friend James

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.